Quarantine Arena: The Second Wave
This top down shooter was made as part of a QuakeCon 2020 QuakeCon at Home event Version Alpha: Homebrew Game Jam, hosted by Asterisk. Quarantine Arena took first place in the competition. The event release was made in 20 hours. We decided that we could add a bit more to the game and spent one additional week making the game even more difficult and fun.
More enemies, more waves, a boss battle, and new items; If you played the game before you will want to try it again.
Download the game over at the itch.io site.
Do you have the best quarantine skills? Join our contest!
- Shotgun reload time changed from 1 second to 3/4ths of a second.
- Decreased cost of shotgun shells from 3 for 4 shells to 2 for 4 shells.
- Replaced Invulnerability Star with Pentagram of Protection.
- Replaced Boots of Speed with Nuka Cola.
- Added the Double Damage item.
- Added the Gas Mask item.
- Added the HE Rounds item.
- Added the Chainsaw item.
- Added the BAWLS Helmet item.
- Improved Biosuit health regeneration.
- Increased Pentagram of Protection’s cost from 30 to 60 caps.
- Added the Covidemon Conglomerate enemy.
- Added the Scrag enemy.
- Added the Shambler enemy.
- Added the Ogre enemy.
- Added the Cyberdemon enemy.
- Added the Tainted Covidemon enemy.
- Added the Tainted Covidemon Conglomerate enemy.
- Added the Tainted Scrag enemy.
- Added the Infernal Covidemon enemy.
- Added the Infernal Covidemon Conglomerate enemy.
- Added the Infernal Scrag enemy.
- Added 5 more waves, increasing the total wave count to 10.
- Increased covidemons damage to 25 damage instead of 20 on Hurt Me Plenty difficulty.
- Unique Tim Willits VO added when beating the game on Ultra Violence difficulty.
- Added Nightmare difficulty.
- Added Endless mode.
- After wave 4, BAWLS will grant shotgun shells, and rockets depending on the difficulty.
- Slightly increased ammo gained on BAWLS pickups.
- Added a speed boost at the end of the wave for quick item cleanup.
- Dashing now provides invulnerability frames.
- Enemies that just spawned will no longer be able to attack the player for half a second.
- Added sound effect for the dash ability.
- Added sound effect for dash recharge.
- Added ability to toggle game music.
- Added sound effect when wave ends.
- Replaced the old player sprite.
- Updated the Armor sprite.
- Updated the Biosuit sprite.
- Added an effect to show the Covidemon’s attack range.
- Improved rabbit sign visibility.
- Added a wave counter.
- Added a stopwatch.
- Increased screen shake with gun kickback.
- Added ability to swap between fullscreen and windowed mode.
- Sped up the credits.
- Added simple statistics board viewable with TAB.
- Added unique endscreens for each difficulty.
- Added Daisy.
- Fixed firing weapon upon selecting UI elements.
- Fixed camera issues during player death.
- Fixed impact sprites lingering.
- Fixed Ammo Bag item not increasing ammo capacity.
- Fixed inconsistencies with entering the house.
- Fixed various collision issues.
- Fixed being able to purchase ammo when you have already reached your maximum.
- Fixed issue where bullets would collide with dying monsters.
- Improved hit registration.